January 1, 2019
33 have prayed
That young people, especially in Latin America, follow the example of Mary and respond to the call of the Lord to communicate the joy of the Gospel to the world.
Prayer Read more Read less
Father of kindness,I thank you for the enthusiasm and joy of young people.
In them I find their capacity to dream, idealism
and the strength to make this world a more peaceful and just place.
Pour out your Holy Spirit on our communities,
so that they may be meeting places between several generations,
united in communion with you, celebrating your presence among us.
May the enthusiasm of young people be, in your Church, the motive of a new missionary spirit, marked by joy, especially among those who need it most, the poorest,
the most disadvantaged, those who have lost hope.
During this month, I pray for the young people who will participate in World Youth Day in Panama and for the fruits, for the Church, of this great meeting.
Proposals for the month Read more Read less
Proposals for the month, if you live in Latin America:
- Participate in World Youth Day, or in initiatives that accompany this event, collaborating with whatever is necessary for their organization and disseminating the fruits of this great meeting.
- In the deep connection to Mary that characterizes the Church of Latin America, promote the prayer of the Rosary in your communities, the Rosary for Peace, promoted by Click to Pray.
- Open up to the youth opportunities and places of responsibility in the revitalization of the apostolic life of their local communities, supporting them in their expressions of creativity, in the spirit of the Continental Mission.
Proposals for the month, if you live outside of Latin America:
- Participate in World Youth Day, or accompany this event in prayer, especially through the prayer of the Rosary for Peace, promoted by Click to Pray.
- Conduct a meeting of the pastoral leaders of the community, inviting young people to reflect together on their concrete participation in the life of the community.
- Throughout this month, try to be a proclaimer of the joy of the Gospel with those who need it most, in their own environments, family, friendship and work.